American-born Elizabeth, co-directs Iyengar Yoga Zentrum Berlin with Katrin Voigt. Elizabeth began her Iyengar Yoga study in New York City thirty-five+ years ago and has been teaching yoga for thirty years. Her teaching style is dynamic, precise, and motivating, encouraging students to enjoy and benefit from the practice of yoga. Her classes are primarily offered in English, although she also teaches in German.
Elizabeth has traveled to India numerous times, where she studied at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute in Pune. She continues to train regularly with Senior Iyengar Yoga teachers in Europe and the United States.
In addition to teaching yoga, Elizabeth worked for fifteen years as a professional dancer and dance teacher, performance artist, and arts administrator.
Tuesday, 9-10:30 am, Level 1-2, IN-STUDIO + ONLINE
Tuesday, 11-12:30 am, 55+, CURRENTLY CANCELED
Tuesday, 7:30-9 pm, Level 2, IN STUDIO + ONLINE
Wednesday, 9-11:00 am, Level 3, IN STUDIO + ONLINE
Thursday, 7-8:30 pm, Level 1-2, IN STUDIO + ONLINE
Friday, 9-10:30 am, Level 2, IN STUDIO + ONLINE
For further information on Elizabeth Brass visit https://www.elizabethbrass.com/
Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher since 1996 (Senior Intermediate Level 2)
- Teacher Training with Joan White in Philadelphia, 1991-1996
- Certified by the Iyengar Yoga Association of the United States, 1996
- Training at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI) in Pune, India since 1997
- Assessor for Iyengar Yoga Deutschland Teacher Certification Exams
- Member of the German Certification Committee
- Accreditation from german health insurance companies
- B.A. cum laude in Anthropology and Dance, Barnard College, Columbia University; M.F.A. in Performance, School of the Art Institute of Chicago